Monday 14 April 2014

Lamington

I don't know what we did before Google came on the scene. We just did without knowing certain things I guess. The point is I went for my niece's birthday party on Saturday and the caterer had served up these little chocolate squares. I bit into one thinking it was a solid block of chocolate. But no! Hiding inside a layer of chocolate was a piece of chocolate sponge cake! The cake was completely enveloped by the chocolate and tasted absolutely yum. I got home and the googled "cake layered in chocolate" and boom... the result was picture upon picture of Lamingtons. I kept up the googling and found my mystery dessert. Lamington it was. Only traditional lamingtons call for a layer of coconut on the chocolate. I think you can skip it altogether and it will still be awesome. Take a look at this recipe I found that made me quite confident I could try my hand at this. Thank you mrs-delicious.com. :)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment