Thursday 15 May 2014

Cheese rolls

My little one loves food. She's ever willing to try anything new and that's a mother's dream right?! But she hates milk and I try to get calcium into her whenever I can. She loves all milk products though, curd, cheese, butter, paneer... so I'm a happy momma.. :D... She loves opening her lunchbox to cheese sandwiches so I thought I'd try and give her something different... but essentially the same.

You'll need
2 slices of bread
2 cheese slices
1 tablespoon of butter

Cut off the sides of the bread. It helps if the bread is really fresh. Roll the bread to flatten it with a rolling pin. Put a slice of cheese on it and roll the bread into a tight scroll. Pinch the edges of the bread to make it stick. Repeat with the other slice. Heat the butter in a pan and place the rolled up bread in it. Keep moving it around to prevent one part of the bread from soaking up all the butter. Once the butter is evenly soaked up by the bread reduce the heat to a slow flame and toast the bread to a crisp. The slow flame will allow the cheese to melt wonderfully.
Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment